Friday, October 6, 2006

Coco Beach, Puerto Galera

October 4-6, 2006. Fil and i just got back from a 3-day R&R at Coco Beach island resort in Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro. We went there October 4, a day after my birthday and 6 days after Metro Manila suffered a severe lashing from typhoon Milenyo.

As mentioned in my earlier post, i celebrated my birthday at my parents' house where we had a small party (it was originally planned as a BIG party but typhoon milenyo cut out electricity and water supply and spoiled all our plans). Anyway, Fil was welcomed to the family without much fuzz so you could just imagine how relieved we were when we woke up the day after without any worries and only looking forward to an enjoyable 3-day stay at the resort.

For some reason, I don't feel like talking much about this trip. I know i talk a lot
and knowing my penchant for details, i might ran out of blog space if i tell the whole story. There are some things i'd rather keep and this is definitely one of them. I couldn't end this post though without saying we experienced really nice things here: beautiful private resort, fun pool, nice open-air cottage nestled on a hill with a hammock and breathtaking seaview, comfortable bed, quiet neighbors, great food (i fell in love with Chicken Mindoro!), soothing massage, coconuts everywhere swaying with the cool sea breeze, gentle warmth of the sun, soft pitter-pattering of the rain while we sleep....

As for the rest, i'll let the pictures do the talking : View our photos >>>

<<< Go back to my Travel Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...