Friday, March 16, 2007

my place, my space

you protect me from the rain, the scorching sun, the sweltering heat, the destructive typhoons. you give me warmth and comfort during cold windy nights. you keep me safe and secure. you welcome my guests. you keep me company. you confine me yet give me room to move and breath. you have space for all my stuff: no more keeping them in boxes. you showcase my life captured in pictures. you provide me entertainment: when i am lost in the adventure of a book, your ceiling disappears and gives way to vast landscapes, snowy mountains, forests and endless seas, outer space, what-have-yous. you allow me to dress you up. you encourage my creativity and artistry and seeing my creations on you makes me really proud. you grieve and celebrate with me: your walls and doors deaden my sobs, your windows fan out my laughs. you know my stories, my fears, my joys, my plans, my dreams, my secrets.

the first time we met you were nothing but an empty dirty piece of square lot, i wasn't even sure then how to keep you. but that's history...we've been together for five years now. you ended my restlessness - no more moving in and out, packing and unpacking, meeting and leaving...

happy anniversary to you my dear cute little green cozy house. let me light some candles now so we can both wrap ourselves up in aromatic bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...