Saturday, May 10, 2008

happy Mom's day!!!

hello...hello, anybody home? can you hear me now?? yes, i am sooo back! and it's not just any ordinary day but mother's day. finally, i now have a reason to celebrate! the other day i was on the phone with my former co-worker, inay flor, and i greeted her both a belated happy birthday (she turned 50something last may 5) and advance happy mother's day. she greeted me back and we both reminisced those past mother's day days when i would ask myself "when will i be a mom?"

now that the question has already been answered, i can only savor the feeling of being at the receiving end of this day's greetings. and yeah, while i agree to what others say that it's a hallmark conspiracy and that everyday should be mother's day (the same way that everyday should be valentines/christmas/thanksgiving/ whatever day...), i believe it doesn't hurt to pick one special day to really celebrate, does it? in fact, nobody requires you to buy a hallmark card...where's your sense of imagination?

ahhhh motherhood...it's a tough thing to do. it's a commitment, a sacrifice, a career. it's life-changing, as the cliche goes, and it really is. i'm still a neophyte and i'm learning and sometimes complaining but at the end of the day when i'm all tired, exhausted and totally drained of energy, i look at my baby's face while he sleeps contentedly and i feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. and when he smiles and laughs? oh no, his wish is my command! he's got me totally hooked a thousand percent.

but before i continue talking about my early motherhood (mis)adventures, let me take this day to greet my fellow first-time moms rackel and leslie who somehow helped me get through PPD by just talking to them on the phone or YM and sharing with me their own experiences. thank you girls...give my kisses to mickey and nico! :-*

and finally, happy mom's day to the all-time supermoms i personally know - auntie aning, ate maria, ate amy, inay flor, mama pacing and of course, my mom...i miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...