Sunday, November 2, 2008

trick or treat....?!

It was Racrac's first Halloween and we dressed him as Little Frankenstein. We got his costume from BabiesRUs at the last minute 'coz the Little Darth Vader we bought a month ago was too big for him. That's so sad, it totally spoiled our plan for him to match Fil's Darth Vader ensemble. Maybe next year...

As for me, i was dressed as myself which was scary enough hahaha. I wore a black trick-or-treat shirt i grabbed from Target and twisted my hair ala-Wednesday of Adams Family.

It rained most of the day but the temperature was surprisingly high (in the 70s) on our way to the Tolibas' residence in Santa Clara for the party. Sheezz, it wasn't a chilly Halloween night after all. Despite that, everybody gamely donned his/her costume and we went trick or treating around the neighborhood. It started drizzling around 9pm so we had to go back (thank Gahd 'coz my arms and back hurt from carrying racrac!) and spent the rest of the night eating, chatting, "swimming," and playing with the kids. Now i love Halloween! I used to think that it's corny but now i realized it is that one night of the year when you can step away from your usual self and be somebody else imaginable without having to explain.

I remember last year i was 5 months pregnant and Fil and i were at Great Mall in Milpitas watching the kids and couples and families in their halloween costumes. As cute costumed babies and their proud happy parents paraded before us, Fil told me "next halloween, kasama na natin si baby...." My, how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...