Saturday, September 29, 2012

aMRAZing!

Still over the moon about Jason Mraz's concert last night at the HP Pavilion in San Jose.  I've been following his music since 2003 and have been dreaming and wishing for this moment to come.

It's a shame that I missed him when he first visited Manila in 2004 considering that my office building was just a walking distance to his concert venue and I missed him again when he performed in Berkeley in 2009 because my son was too young and we had nobody to watch him.

But not this year.  Last night was awesome. He sang his popular old songs which brought me back to those years when his songs were the soundtracks of my life. He talked and sang about caring for the environment and having a sense of community... thanked those who supported marriage equality and encouraged everyone to vote YES on Prop 37 (proper food labeling).  And instead of yelling a meaningless "i love you!" he reminded everyone that "you are loved."  If you have been following his music, his journal, his photography, his advocacies and charities, then you know what a uniquely inspiring and multi-talented artist he is.

Special thanks to Mae and Cocoy and their 3 adorable girls for spending the night with our son Racrac (he said he had so much fun!) while Fil and i enjoyed a few hours of food, fun and music.

Here's my iPhone recording of him singing "Living in the Moment."  Sorry for the poor quality but it is worth watching/listening 'til the very end.  It's my favorite song in the album simply because it makes me feel good and positive about life and the things around me.


For those who are not familiar with Jason's songs, here's a few really good ones to listen to.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...