Thursday, April 3, 2014

About Me

I am a Filipina who moved to the US in 2007 to be with my palangga and start a family.

In my past life, I served the Philippine national government for 7 years - Congress (Commission on Appointments), Foreign Affairs (UNESCO) and Supreme Court (Program Management Office) - and was also involved in development work as an advocate for women's health and rights.

I was born to a lawyer-father who taught me to always give it my best shot and a loving mother who devoted her life to me and my younger brother.

I had a busy childhood - topped my grade school class, was involved in local politics, delivered campaign speeches at the town/barangay plazas, participated in almost all school activities. Managed to squeeze myself into my highschool's top 5. Loosened up in college, attended MA classes half-awake hahaha.

I am in my best element when i travel, experience new things, meet new people and when in the company of family and friends. I enjoy photography, surfing the net, online shopping, dancing, playing with kids, video games...PS3, yes!!!

I love the beach, the heat of the sun on my skin, feel of the warm sand under my bare feet, wind blowing my hair, waking up slow, watching the world go by in a hammock, breathtaking views, historical places, smell of earth after a heavy downpour, hot shower, wild laughter...

I am crazy about catsup, fried chicken, the green color, champorado on a rainy day, baby powder, my pet cat, weekend trips, photo-ops, air travel, sunrises and sunsets, a good read, tearjerker movies.

I am obsessive-compulsive, perfectionist, do-it-yourselfer, perennially picking up dusts and putting the whole house in order, has a keen eye for details, gifted with a photographic memory, can talk nonstop and easily dominate a conversation with friends...

I
am generous with my time and talent, willing to lend a hand, operates a hotline for family and friends in need of advice, outgoing, free-spirited, easily-bored, adventurous, always trying to reinvent myself and relentlessly in search of what i want.

I can play the guitar, ukelele, piano, organ, melodica. Attended ballet classes when i was 8, loves singing but singing doesn't love me. I can draw, sketch, copy an artwork, do photoshop, design a web page, decorate a house, make my own beads jewelry, cross stitch, ...hmmm, artistic, is that what you call it?

I also have my share of pains and struggles and interesting relationships, twice the "runaway bride" and just when i was about to apply for a scholarship abroad and give up my search for Mr. Right, a friend introduced me to Fil who became my husband.

Fast forward to 2016 and I am living under the California sun in the Bay Area basking in the warmth and comfort of family life. We are blessed with two wonderful kids, an 8-year old boy and a 2 year old girl...love them to pieces!  In between feedings and diaperings, school programs and homework and part-time jobs,  i cook my family's favorite dishes, bake my husband's favorite banana bread and lava cake, update our expense excel worksheet, blog, facebook, practice my html codes and google myself LOL!

This site features things (living and non-living) that make me happy: travels, life back home, immigration experience and life in a foreign country, family and friends, relationships, personal musings, sports, music, movies, books...anything!

If you ask me, am i always happy? Of course not! i have my off days too just like anybody else. Do i love? Definitely! Do i hate? Guilty! I love...i hate...i'm just human, you know. But one thing is sure: I love MORE than i hate. Yeah, I choose to love, to be happy, to smile, to laugh, to understand, to keep an open mind, to keep calm, to be objective, to sacrifice (sometimes)...and that, i am convinced, is the reason why i am happy with my life now and excited about my future.

W E L C O M E !

_____
What my friends say about me

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS

    and Thank You for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanep carms. yung "about me" mo pa lang and lupit na. what is that BIG thing kaya that will truly define you? hmm.. anyway, you really write well and im gonna visit this blog from time to time. best regards

    mulder

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for dropping by mulder. that BIG thing? who knows?... anything can happen hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...