Friday, April 6, 2007

songs i'm singing

today is Good Friday and am just home listening to music from my iPod. i would have wanted to do some stereo-blasting but settled for the earphones instead. bawal mag-ingay eh!... let me sing to you some of my favorite modern love songs...

marriage proposal song...

all i want is for you to be happy and

take this woman and make you my family and
finally you have found someone perfect and
finally you have found...yourself...with me
will you agree to take this man into your world?
and now...we are as one
- Hard to Concentrate, Red Hot Chili Peppers

celebrating the feeling of being in love...
I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
I don't want this feeling to go away
- Upside Down, Jack Johnson

about finding love after many failed attempts...
It's so unbelievable,
And I don't want to let it go,
Something so beautiful,
Flowing down like a waterfall.
I feel like you've always been,
Forever a part of me.
And it's so unbelievable to finally be in love,
Somewhere I'd never thought I'd be.
- Unbelievable, Craig David

about trying to reach someone you love who's already too far away but knowing you can't...
Let me in to see you in the morning light
to get me on and all along the tears they come
see all come, I want you to believe in life
but I get the strangest feeling that you've gone away
will you find out who you are too late to change?
I wish I could be
every little thing you wanted
all the time
some times
- Every Little Thing, Dishwalla

a lovesong titled Yellow? why not?!
Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so ...
- Yellow, Coldplay

probably the only Metallica love song; loved it since its release in 1991...

So close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

never opened myself this way
life is ours, we live it our way
all these words I don't just say
and nothing else matters

trust I seek and I find in you
every day for us something new
open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters
- Nothing Else Matters, Metallica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...