Thursday, February 16, 2012

baby no more...

time really flies when you're having fun. wasn't it only yesterday when we celebrated his 3rd birthday in the Philippines? months went by in the blink of an eye and just like that, he's now 4!

we had a fun jumping party last Saturday at Pump It Up! in Union City. Birthday boy wasn't cooperative at first when we entered the play arena. I had no idea what possessed him but he just wouldn't play! The room was filled with happy kids running and jumping around while Racrac sat in one corner.  It took about 40 minutes when he finally hopped out of the bench like a totally different person and started playing. :)

kids and adults all had fun... i too "braved" the giant slide and survived hehe... After 80 minutes of play, we moved to the Party Room for some pizza, chicken wings and cake. I ordered a chocolate sheet cake from Goldilocks bakeshop with a Star Wars theme. They don't have that theme cake available at the store but they designed the cake to include all the star wars figurine toys i got from ToysRUs. Racrac loved it! To my delight, birthday boy mingled with his guests, distributed the loot bags himself and cheerfully posed for pictures! My favorite part? In the middle of all the noise and fun he gave me a tight hug and with his sweet happy smile which i know so well he said "thank you mama for this party!" It really, really warmed my heart.

After the party Fil's uncle (i feel so weird calling him uncle 'coz he's younger than me and Fil! LOL) with his wife and 2 kids came to our house. Fil's brother Frendale stayed with us too and treated us to dinner at a thai restaurant here in Fremont. Thanks Dale! and thanks Toto and Chi for celebrating with us...!

But the celebration didn't end there. On the day of his birthday we had a lunch party with his friends at the daycare center. We brought pizza, spaghetti and cake. I cooked the spaghetti myself and baked the cake too! After making 2 dozen cupcakes which i originally planned to put together to make a cake, i changed my mind and decided to make a 9-inch 2-layer round cake instead.  I slept a little before 2am and was up again after 4 hours to stack, crumb coat and decorate the cake.

The kids had a lot of fun! Racrac was extremely happy that i stayed with him 'coz i usually just drop him off there before going to work.  A couple of times he came to me to say"'thank you mama..." Such a sweet boy!  Suddenly all my exhaustion and feeling of lack of sleep were replaced by pride and joy.

His cake was a simple round chocolate cake with chocolate filling and vanilla frosting which i colored sky blue. On top of it is Anakin Skywalker's plastic toy guaranteed to make my little Jedi happy. I couldn't say i'm proud of my cake 'coz i know i could have done better but then it didn't matter anymore after he told me later "i'm proud of my party mama and i'm proud of my cake!"

Happy 4th Birthday baby!!! Mama and Papa love you very, very much!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!

    Wow! WMMH is back and looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kends! sabi ko sa yo di ba one of these days bubuhayin ko ulit ito! LOL... what about ur blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...