Wednesday, September 5, 2007

America, here i come!

Yesterday I had my interview at the US Embassy for my K1 (fiancee) visa application. The male Filipino pre-screener was in a good mood while he checked my thick application documents. He asked for my NBI clearance and birth certificate, Fil's notarized affidavit of support with the attached income tax returns and other bank documents, a few recent photos of me and Fil together and a letter signed by Fil stating that he is legally able and willing to marry me within 90 days of my arrival into the US. I offered him all the documents and proofs of relationship i have (more photos, hotel receipts, airline tickets, phone logs, chat logs, e-mails and letters) but he refused. He said I have enough evidence to prove that my relationship with Fil is genuine.

By 11:15 am, my number flashed for the final interview with the Consular Officer and i was assigned at window 29. Inside was a tall white american, (very obvious even if he was seated), maybe in his 50's, with a contagious smile and a friendly voice. He was the first to greet me and after asking me to raise my right hand and swear to tell nothing but the truth, he asked me the usual questions: who is your petitioner? how and when did you meet? when was the first time you saw him? how many times did he visit and how long did he stay each visit? what does he do for a living? was he born in the US or naturalized? has he been married before? does he have any children? have you been married before? do you have any children?

We were talking and laughing the whole time especially when he saw our travel photos (Fil and i were sporting a funny face in one of them). He was surprised to see the Petronas towers (oh, you've been to Malaysia?!) and when he saw our Cambodia pictures, his eyes were glued on the photo of Angkor Wat for a few seconds and he said "wow, i've always wanted to go to Cambodia. I should go there soon."

He didn't miss the photo of my engagement ring and when I showed him my left hand with the diamond, he exclaimed "oh, it's for real!" Hahahaha. He continued flipping the pages of the other documents then finally he said "ok, all is good, i'm going to approve your application blahblahblah..." I didn't hear the rest of what he said 'coz i was so happy and stunned and excited all at the same time. I just couldn't believe the interview would be that fun and easy. If there was no glass barrier between us, i would have literally jumped out of my seat and kissed him!

I left the CO's room with a smile pasted on my face. Outside i waited for the most-coveted "pink slip", paid Delbros for the visa delivery fee and went home. It was past 12noon, the sun was burning and i haven't had lunch but i didn't feel the heat nor the hunger. It was one great day to end my visa journey. God is sooooo good!
_____
My K1 visa timeline

1 comment:

  1. congrads to both of you. through JESUS, GOD is always good to you. thank you for the photos (webshots) and GODspeed. manny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...