Monday, September 17, 2007

Yna is "ina" no more

No. 1 in my to-do-list before i leave: to bring Yna to the veterinarian and have her spayed. Last Thursday, we brought her to Animal House in Alabang for the pre-surgery kidney, liver and blood tests. The results showed healthy organs and so we proceeded with the surgery the next day. I was teary-eyed when the vet took her away from me and placed her on a table where the other guys were setting up the dextrose, anesthesia and other instruments. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and left. The next day she recovered from sedation and we came back in the afternoon to pick her up.

Her ovaries and uterus were removed which means she can no longer have kittens. She has a 2-inch incision and needs to wear a head guard for 10 days to keep her from licking her wound.

For 5 years, Yna has been my baby, my constant companion, my living journal. She knows my secrets but promises to never tell. Hahaha. We share the same bed though she has her own blanket and pillow. When i'm doing the laundry or cleaning the house, she can be found sitting on a rug as if supervising my work. When i'm busy with my laptop, she would either position herself on top of the printer facing me or lie motionless on the bed, lost in a dream. She knows a lot of tricks and she can be sweet or mean depending on her mood. She's a responsible mommy cat too. She has given birth to about 50 kittens and i've seen how much this has taken its toll on her body.

I'll surely miss my dear kitty. I am happy she is finally spayed so she can live longer and healthier. When I leave, she will be staying with my parents and i hope to see her again when i come back years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...