Friday, September 7, 2007

America, here WE come!

I am not going to the US alone. Surprise, surprise!! i'm now 16 weeks pregnant and I will be traveling with my baby! I am so freaking excited! Soon baby and i will be in the loving arms of daddy Fil.

I am having a happy pregnancy so far. It was last June 23, a few weeks after Fil went back to the US, when i had my self-administered pregnancy test which was later confirmed by my doctor. I remember feeling happy and worried at the same time - happy because i've always wanted to have a baby, worried because at that time i wasn't yet scheduled for a visa interview and i was thinking i'd give birth before i get my visa. But trust God on this one, He really had it all planned. We found out our interview schedule last July and i passed the interview last September 5. Baby and i are now set to go to the USA!

I've long been waiting for this day: to be able to shout to the whole world that i'm having a baby. I deliberately postponed the announcement not because i wasn't excited but because i wanted to make sure baby will be safe during the first trimester when the possibility of a miscarriage is high. So now that i'm in my 2nd trimester, i am celebrating and letting everybody know.

During my first prenatal visit (6 weeks), seeing baby's heartbeat blinking on the ultrasound screen was a miracle. I just couldn't believe it! At 10 weeks, I first heard her/his heartbeat. Baby's heart was beating so fast, twice faster than my own.

The first 2 months i was feeling a bit queasy and fatigued and had to force myself to eat. I've been on a diet streak since late last year and am no longer used to "eating." During the 3rd month, i started to feel energetic and when I entered the 2nd trimester, that was the only time when i started to like food. So now my tummy looks more of a pregnant belly and i have in fact outgrown some of my regular clothes. I think i've already felt some fetal movements but being a first-time mom, i couldn't really tell if they are for real or maybe just regular twitches in my digestive tract. It's okay, i am willing to wait for stronger baby kicks. By the time we arrive in the US next month (we're leaving october 4), baby will be very active! hmmm, got to show dad what she/he's got!

My parents are very supportive and excited about their first apo. Mom's been visiting me every other week to make sure i eat the right food and we've been sleeping together on my bed while she recounts her experiences when she was pregnant with me. Now I feel closer to her. If there's one nice thing about getting pregnant before leaving for the US, it is the fact that mom was able to participate in my pregnancy. Dad has been very quiet about it. He never asked me anything even if i know it kinda alarmed him that i got pregnant before I get married. I'm sure any parent would feel the same. He celebrated his 63rd birthday last September 2 and we had a party. I can feel he is happy for me, just a bit concerned that i might have a difficult pregnancy 'coz i'll be 33 when i give birth. But so far, baby and i are doing great.

And have i told you about Fil's parents? We talked on the phone and they are so excited about the visa approval and the baby. It will also be the first time for them to have a grandchild! Wow, baby is one lucky angel. She/he is loved by everybody even before she/he is born.

As for Fil, i just couldn't ask for a better man. He is very supportive even if we're thousands of miles apart and he is more excited than me about baby's development. Soon we can share the experience together, plan together, fantasize about baby together, prepare ourselves together for our very first meeting with our angel.

So many blessings this year. Thank you dear God! My only prayer now is that you continue to keep my baby safe. I know you will...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carmel! I found your blog while googling old friends from Kamia! I'm so happy about your good news. Good luck on your journey to the States. I'm so excited that you're going to be a mommy soon!Regards to your hubby too. Keep us posted here in the Pinas about your new life in the States. Take care, mwahhhhh xx

    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day, good luck sa new life mo! Andami mong dapat ipasalamat sa Diyos sa mga blessings mo this year! I'm happy for you and Fil! Bon Voyage! And keep in touch! :-)

    Allan

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow carmel! you're making all your dreams come true. so happy for you. for sure our friends in the ca are giving you a despedida, well please say hello to all of them for me if you see them.

    take care, and eat well, dont worry, my youngest sis ( who herself is a menopause baby) had her primie at your age too! and now her daughter, my niece is among the top four in her class, she's 6 years old already.

    all's well that ends well!

    lovelots, angie lobo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carmel, I was looking for classmates when I found yours at Nazareth's. Congratulations on your having a new baby and may you have a safe trip to US soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...